Free beginner classes
Discover the joy of music
Free music classes for primary & intermediate school children
At NCMA, we offer a selection of free beginner classes on a variety of instruments, for primary and intermediate school children. These classes last for one school term and are a great way for children to try an instrument and engage in the wonder of making music. For everyone else, regardless of age or ability, we also provide a wide range of affordable lessons tailored to your individual needs.
- All students taking Free Beginner Classes need to be a member of Nelson Centre of Musical Arts.
- For students aged 7-12 years
- Classes are initially for a term, though can be continued up to a year in discussion with the teacher
- Students can only have free classes on one instrument at a time
- Due to the popularity of these free classes, they are often full. Your child may not be able to enroll immediately in the class of their choice, but we may offer an alternative, or put them on a waiting list.
I cannot speak highly enough of NCMA. The team of experienced teachers and staff are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do. The Free Beginner Classes provide an excellent platform for the children to be able to get a “feel or taste” for an instrument without the huge investment should they decide not to pursue it. Our experience has been fabulous, with both our girls learning recorder then moving on to flute. Angela Taylor, parent