Music Therapy Sessions
Venue:NCMA, On request throughout the Nelson/ Tasman region
Individual Lessons – costs vary, please enquire
+$30 annual NCMA membership
Music therapy is now offered at NCMA and you can register for therapy by completing the enquiry form below. Music therapy is a therapeutic intervention. Music is the tool used by trained therapists to help individuals grow emotionally, physically, and cognitively. Our experienced therapists will advise you on the most beneficial pathway to meet your needs. Possibilities include:
- Individual music therapy sessions with one of our skilled and experienced therapists.
- Group therapy sessions through joining a class like NelSONG.
- Taking part in one of our regular music classes under the guidance or advice of a trained Music Therapist.
Music therapy is beneficial in the following ways:
- Promotes emotional well-being
- Enhances communication and expression
- Improves cognitive abilities
- Boosts social interaction
- Supports physical rehabilitation