Composition – Small Group Class
Age:Intermediate, Secondary, Adult
Small Group Classes – $110 per 8-week term (3+ students)
Dynamic Duo Lessons – $180 per 8-week term (2 students)
+$30 annual NCMA membership
Our small group class in composition offers weekly feedback and mentoring as you discover your voice as a composer. Whether you are starting out on this journey, need help with school compositions, or already have experience writing your own music, our experienced teachers will be able to help you develop your skills and sound.
Classes may include:
- An improved understanding of harmony, melody and structure
- How to develop texture and timbre in compositions
- Musicianship and contemporary trends in composition
- Exploring different ways of composing music, their merits and relevance
- Musical analysis
- Composing for limited ensembles; inspiration through constraints while still nurturing your own voice.