Cello – Small Group Class
Small Group Classes – $110 per 8-week term (3+ students)
Dynamic Duo Lessons – $180 per 8-week term (2 students)
+$30 annual NCMA membership
Are you interested in learning to play the cello? Our beginner group classes for primary and intermediate students offer a welcoming and supportive environment to begin your musical journey. Led by experienced instructors, our classes focus on developing proper technique, building a strong foundation in music theory, and playing fun and engaging pieces. With affordable group classes, you’ll have the opportunity to make new friends and discover the beautiful sound of the cello.
Students will cover:
- Care of the cello and bow
- Good posture bow hold and stroke
- Basic music theory concepts such as rhythm, tempo, and note reading
- Bowing rhythms on various strings
- String crossing
- Playing simple melodies and scales
- Developing a sense of pitch and tone
- Building musical confidence through practice and performance.
Please talk to us about instrument hire as an option.