NelSONG Neurological Choir
Start Date:11 October, 2023
When:Wednesday @ 10am for 8 weeks
$65 per term (includes caregiver)
+$30 annual NCMA membership.
Casual attendance $10 per session.
Experience the transformative power of music with NelSONG, a choir with a difference run by trained a NZ registered music therapist. Our planned musical techniques are designed to assist and increase the wellness of people who have experienced stroke, Parkinson’s, brain trauma, early Dementia, stress, and anxiety. Come and have a sing and feel the difference it brings to your mind, body, and spirit. Join us today to discover the therapeutic benefits of singing and music!
Please note, this group is already established but is keen to welcome new members. Signing up for 8 weeks will give you chance to feel the benefit of NelSONG.
Choir members will experience:
- Gentle, fun vocal and body warmups
- Singing songs that encourage wellness, some you will know and some may be new
- A sense of sharing, fun and the building of community
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved mood and emotional well-being
- Enhance memory and cognitive function
- Improved communication and social skills
More information can be gained by contacting Nelson Tasman Music Therapy Collective [email protected]