jSAX – Small Group Classes
Small Group Classes – $110 per 8-week term (3+ students)
Dynamic Duo Lessons – $180 per 8-week term (2 students)
+$30 annual NCMA membership
+ cost of instrument
For smaller children who will struggle with the size and weight of a saxophone, this is a great way to start lessons. The jSAX follows traditional saxophone fingering patterns and enables kids to develop their embouchure and playing skills at an early age. It has a surprising mellow saxophone sound and is a lot of fun. The jSAX is pitched in C and it has a fully chromatic range from middle C to G in the next octave and is lightweight and super-durable. From playing fun and recognisable melodies to developing improvisation skills, our classes will provide a solid foundation for future musical endeavors.
Students will cover:
- Proper assembly and care of the jSAX
- Correct posture and breathing techniques
- Basic note reading and music theory
- Introduction to scales and arpeggios
- Playing simple melodies and songs
- Developing finger coordination and technique
- Improvisation basics (depending on the class level and focus)
Students will need to buy a jSAX from the Rockshop.