Composition – Affordable Group Class
Our compositions affordable group class offers weekly feedback and mentoring for the piece(s) of music we’re working on during class time.
- Types of 21st century art music; areas/directions currently being explored and the cultural impact of finding the beauty in weird and wacky music
- Different ways of composing music, and the merits and relevance of each approach for particular types of music (I mean this in the most practical sense)
- Ways of evaluating a piece of music; is there consensus on what constitutes a good piece of music? Is there such a thing as bad music?
- Learning how to take the most advantage of feedback and the art constructive criticism
- Composing for others or for limited ensembles, inspiration through constraints while still nurturing your own voice.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone through different mediums and genres.
These classes provide an affordable option for learning about composition in a group setting. Classes will run depending on interest and require a minimum of 3 students so bring a friend and join the fun!